Geer Services is extremely proud to present the new seal design for the National POW/MIA Memorial & Museum. Designed by Richard Geer along with the Directors and Board Members of the project.
Design Features of the Seal
- Circular design follows most DoD seals and logos.
- Yellow coloring in line with the yellow ribbon used for “Support our Troops” and pray for their return. Yellow roses for MIA’s are placed at the Vietnam Memorial Wall.
- Stars (on border) represent each of the 5 branches of service: Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard. The 6th and final star represents the Merchant Marines.
- Sanctuary of Remembrance (gray outlining above “Remember, Honor, Educate”) is a profile view of the design rendering of a future key component of the Memorial site which visually depicts the large amount of those unaccounted for (see Exhibit A & B below).
Remember – Sanctuary of Remembrance (Exhibit A&B)
Honor – MIA Hall & Gallery of Light
Educate – Museum
- Yellow Spires – point to symbol to NEVER FORGET (Exhibit C).